Friday, August 13, 2010

thursday night fashion.

Last night I attended the Peek-A-Boo Vintage Fashion Show at Billups Art Gallery in hip East Nashville with a friend. I had been to a show at Billups before featuring local designers and collections so terribly stitched and questionably tasteful, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Last night’s event wasn’t exactly a fashion show- more like models perusing through the intimate crowd showing off quirky fashions from Nashville’s hottest vintage retailers. And literally, you could buy the shirt off their back. The venue opened up a few of its artists’ studios and I browsed handmade necklaces and admired abstract paintings while sipping the margarita I was offered. A band I had never heard of, Keith Moon, jammed generic melodies and patrons nibbled on the assortment of moon pies scattered throughout the room.


While this was definitely not an extraordinary event, I must say that I did enjoy the intimacy and casual vibe of the night. I did manage to find an adorable vintage beaded clutch and won a vintage hat during the raffle (see below). And I even discussed with owner and artist Anthony Billups the possibility of partnering with him to have some fashion shows there. The artsy urban feel of the venue has great promise… Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment