Thursday, July 1, 2010

whiskey road.

My job takes me many different directions and recently I was tasked with styling a five-member Southern Country Rock band- Whiskey Road. (See their Facebook page here.) To be honest, I loathe country music. Passionately. I kept pondering how I was going to dress the five guys and one girl to look southern country appropriate, wishing they were an indie band so I could pick up the latest goods at my favorite hipster thrift stores. (In the end, this band put on a fantastic show. Couldn't have been better!) With a team by my side, we were given $800 and could only shop at the most upscale mall in town. Needless to say, this was a challenge. We took two members of the band with us and had to guess on the rest of the sizes. Narrowing in on the color pallet of blacks and crisp greys, we hit up the Buckle to purchase men’s shirts and accessories and spend a total of $350. Then we invaded Betsey Johnson to style the lead singer. We packed up our arms with ensembles for Britney to wear, but after she stepped out in the first dress I suggested, we had a winner. We paired the $300 black eyelet dress with a $50 gold and topez sparkle necklace. The outfit was topped with a pair of Dolce Vita stiletto kicks we found at Macy’s for $110. Here are the looks:

photos by Amber C.

No comments:

Post a Comment